Being invited into a labor and delivery room or an operating room to photograph the birth of someone’s baby is such an incredible honor and privilege. I still remember the first birth photos I saw that a friend of mine in Texas posted. And because her work inspired me so much, I knew I wanted to photograph a birth and see if it was something I would enjoy.
Let’s just say I’ve been hooked since that very first time I was in a labor and delivery room over 5 years ago!
Just for fun, here are a few stats from the year…
- I was able to photograph births in 3 different states.
- I photographed my first birth for twins!
- This year I photographed two births in January while being very pregnant myself… the second one ended up being 1 week before Isa was born!
- That last birth in January was for baby Reese and his due date was actually February 6, the day Isa decided to come. So I was very thankful Reese came early since Isa decided to come early herself!
- I’m going into 2018 having photographed 18 births and several “immediately after the baby was born” sessions :-)
- In October, my friends Ben and Joanna had their third baby and it was the third time I’d been able to photograph a birth for them. 3 siblings’ births!
- In November, I photographed my second red headed baby being born.
- Only one baby this year was a girl! And she was one of the twins :-)
Enjoy looking back at these sweet babies and their entries into the world!